**Note: Temperatures will be taken upon entry, but the steps below need to be completed prior to arrival**
The pre-screening process for school days is as follows:
1. Parents/guardians will need to pre-screen their scholar(s) at home. Upon waking, identify if your scholar(s) has/have any of the following symptoms indicating possible illness that may decrease their ability to participate in instruction and also increase risk of spreading illness to others.
- Temperature of 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit or higher when taken by mouth or utilizing a touchless infrared thermometer
- Sore throat
- New cough (For individuals with chronic allergic/asthmatic cough, a change in cough from baseline)
- Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
- New onset headache
- Muscle aches
2. We will also need you to identify if your scholar(s) has/have been in close contact or had potential COVID-19 exposure. Please identify if your scholar(s) have experienced any of the following:
- Had close contact (within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes) with a person with confirmed COVID-19 without a mask
- If your scholar(s) is/are experiencing any of the symptoms indicated in (1), please have your scholar participate in virtual learning.
3. Please do not return scholars for on-site instruction until they are symptom-free for 48 hours without the use of a symptom-reducing medication. Traditional scholars who are not on campus for instruction will be marked as absent but may still access classwork and instruction through Google Classroom. A note from a primary care provider will be needed to change an absence to an excused absence.
4. If your scholar tests positive or has been identified by HHA COVID-19 Point of Contact or the Arkansas Department of Health as a Probable Close Contact, please have your scholar(s) participate in virtual learning, as advised by the Arkansas Department of Health. Additionally, please contact your campus nurse.