Scholars are encouraged to wear their favorite Halloween costumes to school on Monday, Oct. 31. During lunch, there will be a costume contest judged by Haas Hall Academy faculty. A winning boy and girl will be selected from each grade and there will also be a team competition. Prizes will be awarded to the winners.
Scholars planning to wear a costume to school must inform their first period teacher of what they plan to wear so that the costume can be approved. All costumes must be approved no later than Friday, Oct. 28. Below are costume guidelines that must be adhered to:
• No masks in the building. Scholars may briefly don a mask during the outdoor costume contest but the mask must be removed immediately after.
• No fake weapons of any kind.
• No excessive gore. Fake wounds are not permitted.
• Costumes must be dress code compliant. Clothing may not be excessively tight or revealing.
• Open-toed shoes may be worn during the contest, but the scholar must have a change of shoes to wear during the school day.
• A male scholar may dress up as a female character and vice versa, but simply dressing as a member of the opposite sex is not allowed. You must be portraying a character (Wonder Woman, Iron Man, etc.).
• Scholars that are not in uniform must be portraying a legitimate character. Scholars cannot wear their weekend attire and claim they are dressing for Halloween by pretending to be a student at another school.