Are you interested in working hard to serve your fellow scholars? Do you get excited at the prospect of completing projects and being in charge of programs that help your campus community? If so, please consider running for the 2022-23 HHA Bentonville Scholar Council. Examples of projects include:
– Managing, growing, and staffing the school library
– Performing inventories and inspections of school Chromebooks
– Serving to maintain school bulletin boards by updating and removing expired announcements
– Judging the annual Halloween Costume Contest and Faculty Lip Sync Battle
– Assisting in the planning of school activities such as dances and socials
Two representatives will be elected for each grade (7-12). The senior representative receiving the most votes will be the Scholar Council President. The senior receiving the second largest number of votes will serve as the Vice President. In addition to project tasks, council members will be required to attend two meetings with Dr. Rod each month.
Scholars that intend to run for Scholar Council MUST attend an informational meeting with Dr. Rod. This meeting will take place during lunch on Friday, September 23, in Dr. Sayler’s room (Room 123). Campaign ethics, rules, and guidelines will be covered at this time.
Scholars will campaign with their bulletin board posters from September 26-October 03. Candidates will then give a one minute speech in the Commons during lunch, according to the following schedule:
Grades 7-8 (Tuesday, October 04)
Grades 9-10 (Wednesday, October 05)
Grades 11-12 (Thursday, October 06)
Elections will be held on Friday, October 07. Scholars will only be voting for candidates from their own grade. If you have any questions, please see Dr. Rod!