Congratulations to the Haas Hall Academy Mountain Bike Team! Seven riders placed in the Top 5 (made podium) and won medals at Race #1 on Sunday, Sept. 11 at Springhill Park in Barling. Another six riders came close, making the Top 10. The Mountain Bike team is made up of scholars from all four campuses.
- Reid Ronck (Rogers, 9th grade) — 1st place, Freshman boys
- Preston Ronck (Rogers, 7th grade) — 1st place, 7th-8th Grade Level 3, boys
- Will Mertins (Fayetteville, 11th grade) — 2nd place, Varsity boys
- Besch Mertins (Fayetteville, 8th grade) — 4th place, Varsity girls
- Hattie Mertins (Fayetteville, 8th grade) — 5th place, JV girls
- Elle Anderes (Rogers, 9th grade) — 5th place, Freshman girls
- Camila Machado (Fayetteville, 8th grade) — 5th place, 7th-8th Grade Level 3, girls
After this race, Haas Hall Academy sits in 2nd place in the high school division. Riders earn points for their school at each race (the higher they finish, the more points they earn) and by completing Teen Trail Corp hours. TTC hours are volunteer hours riders, coaches, and family members can earn by maintaining bike trails or helping out with bike-related events. Each rider is required to earn 10 hours per season.
The team will travel to Cedar Glades Park in Hot Springs for Race #2 on Sept. 25.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.