The week of January 23 – 27 is officially Homecoming Week! As the excitement leads up to the basketball game on Friday, January 27th, we will be hosting our much-anticipated Spirit Week. Each day will feature a different theme. This year will proceed as follows:
Monday: Hawaiian Day
Please wear your most colorful Hawaiian shirt and flowered leis! (No shorts or open-toed shoes allowed.)
Tuesday: TV Tuesday
Dress as your favorite TV personality. (Please refer to our costume guidelines at the end of the announcement.)
Wednesday: Team Day
Dress with a partner or group to portray a collection of characters. For example, Batman and Robin. (Please refer to our costume guidelines at the end of the announcement.)
Thursday: Decades Day (the 90s)
Show off your favorite fashion from the 1990s! (All apparel must be school appropriate. No hoodies.)
Friday: School Spirit
Unleash your innermost Husky by wearing school colors or HHAB Husky shirts and gear. (All apparel must be school appropriate. No hoodies.)
COSTUME GUIDELINES FOR SPIRIT WEEK (2022-23)
• No masks in the building.
• No fake weapons of any kind.
• No gore. Fake wounds are not permitted.
• Costumes must be dress code compliant. Clothing may not be excessively tight or revealing. If you are not participating in Spirit Week, the dress code is still mandatory.
• A male scholar may dress up as a female character and vice versa, but simply dressing as a member of the opposite sex is not allowed. You must be portraying a character (Wonder Woman, Iron Man, etc.).
• Scholars that are not in a school uniform must be portraying a legitimate character. Scholars cannot wear their weekend attire and claim they are pretending to be a “student at another school.”
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.