Do you live in Springdale? The Springdale Youth Council was established to encourage young people to become engaged with their local government, job shadow City officials, perform community service for the benefit of Springdale residents, advise local government officials on the issues that face young people in our community, and learn about local government and the importance of civic participation.
Through Youth Council, students will:
• Learn more about local government and our community
• Connect with their City and elected officials and advise local leaders on issues that matter to young people
• Serve the community and become a more conscientious resident
• Learn who to contact if they need assistance with a City service
• Understand how tax dollars are utilized to provide services for residents
• Learn the connection between public and private organizations
Most importantly, Youth Council members will play an active role in helping the City address issues that affect
young people in our community. This program prepares young people to become community and civic leaders and gives them the confidence to know they can make a difference. Youth Council will be comprised of up to 20 students in grades 11-12 who reside in the Springdale School District. This includes students at Springdale High School, Har-ber High School, Shiloh Christian School, Don Tyson School of Innovation and Haas Hall Academy.
We accept applications May 1 through Aug. 1 each year.
You must submit a Completed Application by Aug. 1 to be considered. You can complete and submit it online, or
you can download and complete a PDF application; including the Parent or Guardian Statement of Permission
and Photography Release Form.
• This form will also be available in Spanish and Marshallese.
Students will be required to complete the following in order to complete the program:
1. Scheduled Meetings
2. Individual Job Shadow
3. Observational Meetings: City Council Committee, City Council, Planning Commission
4. Group Community Service Project
5. Group Presentation
If you are interested, email Mrs. Busteed at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit this link: