Haas Hall Academy is the accelerated, college-preparatory, open-enrollment, public charter school focusing on academics. Haas Hall Academy serves the educational needs of Northwest Arkansas scholars from a four-county area, representing a wide range of socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds.
Haas Hall Academy is a small, comprehensive institution for scholars in grades 7 through 12. Haas Hall Academy is the state’s only open-enrollment charter high school focusing on rigor and high academic standards. Haas Hall Academy is accredited by AdvancED and the Arkansas Department of Education.
As a microcosm of a university, Haas Hall Academy’s academic schedule is based on a semester block system mirroring the higher educational experience. All scholars are required to attend four 90-minute blocks per day, five days a week. Enrolling in four credits in the fall and four in the spring, scholars complete an entire calendar year of each course in only one semester.
Classes at Haas Hall Academy are mixed age, and scholars are placed into classes based on their achievement rather than their grade level. All scholars at Haas Hall Academy experience an accelerated curriculum that goes into greater depth than is normally found in similar high school courses. Additionally, AP® classes are available to all scholars, in fact many of our scholars graduate from Haas Hall Academy and have completed their first year of college.
Haas Hall Academy focuses on academics to ensure that 100 percent of scholars are accepted into college. Scholars are provided with unparalleled hands-on instruction with an accelerated college preparatory focus on STEAM: science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics. Scholars regularly leave campus with their instructors, gaining real-life experience and becoming involved in the larger community.
Haas Hall Academy has a 100 percent graduation and college acceptance rate! Haas Hall Academy: Every Scholar, Every Day — College Bound!
At a glance:
- No. 1 ranked public high school in Arkansas for the seventh consecutive year, U.S. News & World Report, 2012-2018. Haas Hall Academy is the only gold medal school in the state for the fourth year in a row.
- #1 ranked public high school in Arkansas, USA Today.
- #1 ranked public high school in Arkansas, Niche Best Schools (K-12).
- #1 ranked public high school in Arkansas, Business Insider.
- #19 ranked public high school in the nation, Newsweek.
- Ranked as one of America’s most challenging schools. In the top 1 percent for the sixth year in a
row, Washington Post.
- Haas Hall Herald school newspaper recipient of the state’s top award at the Arkansas Scholastic Press Association Conference for the fifth consecutive year. Inducted into the Arkansas Scholastic Press Association’s Hall of Fame.
- Haas Hall Academy’s literary magazine Footnotes ranked in the top 10 in the nation.
- Earned an “A” letter grade from the ADE with a score of 316/300 in 2014 and 310/300 in 2015. Haas Hall Academy is the only school in Washington and Benton counties to earn a letter grade of “A” in this accountability system in 2015.
- Recognized as an exemplary school by the Arkansas Department of Education.
- Recognized as a reward school by the Arkansas Department of Education for the fifth consecutive year. Top 5 percent in performance and Top 5 percent in growth.
- Recipient of the College Readiness Award by the Arkansas ACT Council.
- Named a higher performing school by National Center Educational Advancement.